FAQ About the Conference
1. When will the conference take place? Where is it located?
The conference runs from Monday, March 18th, 2019 to Thursday, March 21st, 2019 at the Millennium Hotel, Congo Town, Liberia, West Africa.
2. What time does the registration begin?
Online registration begins on February 18th, 2019.
3. Is the conference schedule available online?
The conference schedule and agenda can be found on our website at www.blueoceansconferenceliberia.com/agenda/
4. How can I register? What are the registration rates?
Invited participants will receive an online registration form to register. If you are interested in attending, please visit the website at https://blueoceansconferenceliberia.com/online-forms/ to register as a guest. Guests will be given confirmation of attendance one week prior to the conference via email.
5. How can I reserve a hotel room, and what are the rates?
Participants will receive special group rates at the Millennium Hotel, Congo Town, Liberia, West Africa. Please visit the website at https://blueoceansconferenceliberia.com/hotel-information/ for more information on rates and accommodation expectations.
6. What happens when there is a change in schedule?
Any changes in the schedule will be made known to registered participants via email. Changes will also be posted on the website.
7. Who do I contact if I have questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +231.880.358.720 or +231.770.921.381 with any questions.
8. What services are available for special needs and requests?
Special accommodations can be made by emailing email@example.com or by calling +231.880.358.720 or +231.770.921.381
9. What is the appropriate dress code for the conference?
Business attire or corporate dress code. Please keep in mind the hot and humid temperatures in Liberia.
10. Where can I get a cab when I arrive at the airport?
If staying at the Millennium Hotel, airport pick-ups can be arranged with their front desk. Local cabs are also stationed at the airport. If you require prior arrangements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Is it safe to drink the water in Liberia?
We recommend drinking only bottled water in Liberia. Water will be provided during the conference for registered participants.
12. What is the weather like in Liberia now?
Liberia has a tropical climate, temperatures ranging from 24℃ – 31℃ (77℉ – 88℉). Our rainy season is from May to October. Though rare, it has been known to rain during other months, so we advise that you bring an umbrella just in case.
13. What type of currency does Liberia use or accept? What is the exchange rate?
Liberia uses both the United States Dollar (USD) and the Liberian Dollar (LD). The exchange rate varies, for now, it is 160 LD to 1 USD.
14. What is the typical food in Liberia?
Liberian diet is centered on the consumption of rice and other starches, tropical fruits, vegetables, and local fish and meat. You can visit www.libdelivery.com to order meals from restaurants in Liberia.
15. What options do I have to get around the city?
Transportation to conference activities will be provided, however, if requested local cabs can help you explore Liberia at your own cost. If you would like to schedule a car and/or a driver please contact us at email@example.com.
16. What are some of the local attractions?
Liberia has many tourist attractions; The National Museum, astounding beaches, Providence Island, Executive Pavilion etc. Please visit www.west-tourism.com for more tourist attractions. You can also visit libsearch.biz, Liberia’s Online directory to find businesses, events, and more.
17. In case of an emergency, who do I contact?
In case of emergency, please call our local National Police Office at +231.770.800.911. For Fire Service please contact 114. In case of a medical emergency, the closest medical facility to the hotel is ELWA Hospital +231.881.485.485. For John F. Kennedy Medical Hospital please dial 4455. In addition, the hotel will be able to provide emergency assistance and the conference event planners can also be reached at +231.880.358.720 or +231.770.921.138
18. Are there any vaccination recommendations or requirements for Liberia?
Please check with your local health institution for recommendations. A current Yellow Fever shot is required to enter the country.
19. Why is the conference in Liberia?
Renowned for its beauty and natural resources, Liberia has a long history of maritime industry including shipping and fishing, where many local communities are dependent on marine resources and there is a dedication to improving maritime governance and sustainability, Liberia is a natural choice to host this inaugural event. For more information, please visit the conference website at www.blueoceansconferenceliberia.com